Ms. Chavez is a Fashion Instructor at the High School of Fashion Industries, located in the heart of Chelsea.
She graduated from the SAME high school, in the class of 1992 and since then has made the world of Fashion her own.
- In 1993, 6 scholarships were sponsored by the Department of Education for Vocational Teaching. This opportunity exists for outstanding high school students that believe their future is to teach their trade. Out of over 100 applicants, she was the only female selected.
- After many internships in the Fashion Industry and many years as a substitute teacher, she went back to school to earn her Bachelors in Fashion Design at the world renown Fashion Institute of Technology.
- Her Senior year at FIT was completed in their Study-Abroad program in Florence, Italy.
- She fell in love with the European Fashion Capital and stayed for 5 short years.
- She has partnered with several design companies that has taken her to places such as Moscow, Buenos Aires, London, Paris, and Belgium.
- She is currently pursuing a Masters of Science in Instructional Technology at the New York Institute of Technology
- After all of the learned experiences, she now feels ready to take on the biggest adventure yet – TEACHING!
‘All of the years spent out there have prepared me for what it is I love to do, teach Fashion’ – RIC